Banana Blueberry Pancakes
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- Mix/Sift together (I just use a whisk instead of a sifter, it seems to me to be an unnecessary kitchen gadget)
Add 1 cup of blueberries to dry ingredients, mix until blueberries are coated in flour.
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 egg slightly beaten
1 mashed banana
1 1/4 cup Buttermilk (I only used about a cup because with the bananas and the blueberries added more moisture)
Mix wet and dry ingredients together and mix well. If the batter is too thick, add more buttermilk. Cook over medium-high heat.
They weren't my prettiest pancakes, but they were really, really delicious. I tend to get impatient so I start pouring the pancakes way too big which results in uneven cooking time and ugly pancakes. Maintain your patience and I assure you, you will have beautiful pancakes.


Happy eating! And if you have any suggestions for other pancake variations please share!
2 comments:
It's no secret that you and John are related. He would LOVE this recipe. Now I need to go get some blueberries...
I am planning making these on Friday for fourth of july... you know, a Red, White, and blueBERRY sort of theme. haha.
Um, and i'm slightly offended that you don't sift. The sifter is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. It makes cookies so creamy and melt-in-your mouth tasty.
But I love you, so I'll let the comment slide. :)
Post a Comment